Below is a screenshot of an in-class exercise of merging two typefaces that are completely different. The exercise was meant to force creative thinking in unusual situations while studying and thinking about type. I originally merged Garamond and Gill Sans, but my professor urged me to break out of my comfortable typefaces and try go become comfortable taking typographic risks (after all, a misconception of type is that it must always be readable, when really it can just be a very interesting form of art, as he said). So, this was my second attempt at merging Lemondrop and Sinister Sam. I believe it created something that could be called Rhino or Caveman.
I really enjoy the Lemondrop typeface, and I would like to try to exercise again with a typeface other than Sinister Sam, since the calligraphy characteristics were so thin and jagged whereas Lemondrop is very fat, compact, and rounded. What alternate typeface I would use, I'm not sure, but... Lemondrop is definitely fun in ways that Gill Sans just isn't.
Rhino/Caveman is really quite ugly, but... here it is!
