Top 5 Best Advertisements:
- Ever since the Truth Campaign started, I have been blown away by the dramatic impact of just how bad cigarette smoking truly is and the scope of which the advertisements put the dangers into perspective.
- The personification of mayhem is hysterically genius. The snow ad is one of my favorite; with the holidays just around the corner, I think we call can relate to the feeling of Grandma's Thanksgiving dinner expanding our waistlines.
- The Skittles commercial proves you're never too old for a little excitement! The elderly people scripted to behave like the younger demographic that the product normally markets to is witty insofar that it challenges social expectations by bypassing "normal" social standards. Also, the giant tube sock is an entirely memorable character that reinforces the bizarre nature of the whole spot.
- By now, I'm sure everyone knows what a pop culture classic the Dox Equis "Most Interesting Man In The World" advertisements are; while the television commercials are interesting in their own right, I find the radio advertisements appealing because the entire Dox Equis campaign plays on the idea of the man being a word-of-mouth legend, and the radio advertisements make the consumer feel as if the gossip is spreading to them as if engaged in an actual conversation.
- Daryl Dixon. Need I say more?
Top 5 Worst Advertisements:
- While some may disagree with me, I find Flo to be incredibly annoying. Maybe it's because she reminds me of someone I knew in high school, but I find Flo to be pretentious, condescending, and not very witty... especially when Progressive has her behaving very annoyingly, such as in this spot, where she blows on the horn receptively.
- This old print ad does not make me want to purchase the soap; the child is distraught and in some form of distress, which does not promote a pleasant user experience.
- Another old print ad that is incredibly disturbing. This advertisement is an animal rights activist's nightmare.
- The concept of a girl carrying around Taco Bell in her purse is disgusting... especially in a club. Had the girl been at an outdoor Grateful Dead concert or lost in the middle of the woods, maybe the concept would not be as disgusting.
- During last year's Super Bowl, I don't know anyone that did not cringe during the Go Daddy commercial. I do not find this ad to be appropriate to be put on television during an event where children and grandparents are watching the game with their families.