The trade activity for my Egypt box-set is coming along swimmingly. Check out the commodity tokens I made for the children to trade during the activity! I made the tokens with a really cool image transfer paper and literately ironed my icons onto the wood. I went through a number of wooden nickels trying to transfer the icons, though, because enough heat needed to be applied to transfer the ink, but not enough so that the wood scorched or warped. I would love to do this process of image transfer again in the future! The icons are: corn, gold, ivory, cattle, bread, hieroglyphic/scribing, ebony, labor, land, sheep, and sandals.
Egypt Collateral Trade Activity
The trade activity for my Egypt box-set is coming along swimmingly. Check out the commodity tokens I made for the children to trade during the activity! I made the tokens with a really cool image transfer paper and literately ironed my icons onto the wood. I went through a number of wooden nickels trying to transfer the icons, though, because enough heat needed to be applied to transfer the ink, but not enough so that the wood scorched or warped. I would love to do this process of image transfer again in the future! The icons are: corn, gold, ivory, cattle, bread, hieroglyphic/scribing, ebony, labor, land, sheep, and sandals.


