The most current assignment I've been working on is the Illustrative typeface assignment. The idea behind the assignment was that typography can be found everywhere--even in the most unexpected forms and places. I've always loved my bendable floor lamp, and the idea of using it to create a typeface appealed to me, especially because of the beautiful tungsten light it fills my apartment with every night while I work. As my professor stated, how incredible that typography can even be found "right under your nose"! The test images I took of my lamp on my iPhone were dynamic and had a great sense of motion. I debated on siloing out the letters or not because I loved the colored light the lamp gave off in the photographs; I'm glad I made the decision to silo, though, because it enhances the legibility and versatility of the letters. One change I would make if I redid the assignment would be to not crop off some of the petals of the lampshades (I photographed the images cropped). This could easily be fixed in Photoshop, and I may still yet edit them in my free time. My lamp does not bend properly to create the letters "C", "G", "O", and "Q", so I had to manipulate curves in Photoshop using the clone tool to create those letters.
