One Shot - Scouting, Script, Storyboard

by 5:46 AM
Before one can shoot a 30 second spot for television, one must find a great location to shoot at! On January 15, 2013 at 1PM (time of day is important because lighting and traffic may vary hour to hour), I went location scouting for the block bordered by Auburn Avenue, Irwin Street, Krog Street, Edgewood Avenue, and Randolph Street in downtown Atlanta. My 30 second one shot spot will be for the Apple iPhone, and I scouted this location specifically because I wanted to bring the counter-culture artist attitude to the Apple brand that their loyal consumers embody and embrace.



Then, once I knew how the location of the commercial would effect the script, I was able to actually begin writing the script. Such process involved analysis of the iPhone brand, concept design, writing the actual script itself (both for audio and video), then taking the script and creating visual storyboards for the different shot-ranges needed for each scene.