Educational Boxset Process

by 1:43 PM

For the rest of the semester, I will be working on an educational box-set project for 3rd graders. Although my box-set will be comprised of entirely my work, I am working within a group to make my box-set visually consistent with my groupmates' box-sets to create an even larger collateral project. My group decided our box-sets should be about great civilizations throughout history; as someone totally fascinated by the history of ancient Egypt, my box-set will entirely focus on ancient Egypt as a great civilization. All box-sets are required to contain a poster, three educational activities, and a teacher's manual.

Below are preliminary sketches for two of my activities: a trade activity and a hieroglyphic decoder activity. The trade activity teaches students about the Egyptian economy and class system, while the hieroglyphic decoder activity teaches students about Egyptian writing and language. The third activity is not completely flushed out yet, but ideally I am thinking a board-game that somehow involves the Nile River. I'll flush that out more later.

Also below is the logo my group created for our Great Civilizations theme.